Since I’ve been a Vegetarian my whole life, I’ve always needed to include some kind of protein in every meal.
This is one of my FAVORITE breakfasts at the moment, and jam packed with protein!
Super quick, super healthy, super delicious.
Egg in the hole:
1.) Using a cookie cutter or the lid of a Mason jar (or anything round really) cut out a hole in a slice of whole grain bread. I use this delicious bread that has TONS of nuts and added protein.
2.) Add a bit of butter to your pre - heated pan, and lightly toast your holy-bread.
3.) Crack one egg into the middle of your bread, and let it sit (yolk intact) until the bottom has thickened enough to flip.
4.) Flip your egg and toast, and let the other side get light brown.
5.) Serve and add desired toppings. I also added a few slices of avocado (because I’m a Cali girl and I’m not ashamed to admit my avocado addiction.) You can also add a bit of shredded cheese for a fun twist!
Please see my health blog for my garlic roasted crispy asparagus recipe.
PS. Don’t forget, Breakfast is by far THE MOST important meal of the day!-
Summer officially started on Saturday, and you know what that means… time to start eating heathy to kick off a healthy summer bathing suit body!!
Tonight’s healthy dinner side-dish:
Iron Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pepper Parmesan!
1.) Rinse and cut your Brussels Sprouts in half
2.) 1 Table Spoon of Olive Oil in a heated Iron skillet (you can use any type of pan, but an iron skillet makes the taste authentic.)
3.) Put your Brussels Sprouts face down on skillet, cover for 5-7 minutes, or until roasted brown.
4.) Add a tablespoon of water and flip your sprouts. Keep them covered for another 5 minutes (until fork-tender)
5.) Add a pinch of pepper, salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!!!
This delicious and healthy side dish takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare. Perfect for any healthy dinner!
:) The Fitspirational Blonde is back for summer!
Coffee and water rule:
Every time you drink a sweet coffee drink (or soda or anything naughty) drink a whole cup of water first!
Water tip: to make your water less boring, add a few orange slices! I drink quite a bit of water every day, so my Starbucks helps me keep things interesting in my cup :)
Stay hydrated this beautiful summer everyone!!
You are God’s own masterpiece! That means you are not ordinary or average; you are a one-of-a-kind original. When God created you, He went to great lengths to make you exactly the way He wanted you to be. He gave you the right personality, the right gifts, the right talents, and the right connections to do exactly what He’s called you to do. The question is: do you recognize the treasure you possess?
Today, don’t settle for living a mediocre existence. Unlock the hidden treasures inside of you. Every morning when you get out of bed, remind yourself, I am a masterpiece. I am handpicked by God, and I am a person of extreme value and significance. Remember, you are an original—you’re not meant to be like everyone else; God designed you the way you are for a specific purpose. Everything about you is unique, and every detail about you matters. Receive His love today because you are His most prized treasure!
Toasts with the most: 21 awesome energy-boosting breakfast ideas.
BUT WHICH IS THE TOAST WITH THE MOST???
10 Good Reasons to Try Yoga
Originating in India thousands of years ago, yoga has become an increasingly popular form of exercise and stress reduction. The chances are the thought of taking a class and seeing how you like it has crossed your mind. So here are 10 good reasons to try yoga:
1. Yoga improves your flexibility and reduces your risk of injury
2. To reduce stress, yoga focuses on your breathing and movements.
3. Gain strength and stamina. More vigorous styles of yoga, such as Vinyasa and Ashtanga, promote strength and stamina as well as flexibility and relaxation.
4. Improving your balance and stability. Balancing poses require you to engage your core stabiliser muscles, which can help improve overall stability.
5. To improve your posture. Yoga poses strengthen and open tight areas of the body, such as the shoulders and muscles of the upper back, which is necessary for good posture.
6. Improved Breathing. One of the first things you will learn in yoga class is the correct way to breath. These slower, deeper breathes increase the amount of oxygen in your blood while helping to improve the efficiency of your lungs.
7. To help with pain relief. Yoga can help you ease several different pains through the combination of physical stretching, body awareness, and mental relaxation.
8. Weight Loss. Yes, yoga helps you burn calories and reduce cortisol levels, both of which are extremely important when trying to lose or control your weight. Additionally, yoga classes will help you improve your eating habits by encouraging a healthier lifestyle and diet.
9. Help you achieve greater focus. Do not underestimate the positive mental effects that yoga will have on your brain. The principles you will learn will help you relax, focus on the present, become more aware of your surroundings, and generally improve your outlook on life.
10. Eat healthier. Nothing is worse than eating a greasy burger and fries after an intense yoga class. Scratch that — reverse it. Nothing is worse than an intense yoga class after eating a greasy burger and fries. With continued practice, yoga makes your body feel so wholesome and healthy, you’ll think twice before you fill it with unhealthy junk foods.
"I see people getting married to people they’ve known for, like, a year and a half. A year and a half? Is that really enough time to get to know someone to know you want to spend the REST of your life with them? I mean, I’ve had sweaters for a year and a half and I was like, “What the fuck was I doing with this sweater?” "