Those are some amazing questions girlie!
Yes, I’ve done it three times already all the way through. I’m a bit of an over achiever so while doing The Shred, I still went to classes at the gym and did morning runs etc. It’s only a 24 minute video, so as long as you space it out you shouldn’t have to give up what ever else you’re doing. For the first level though it’s a bit intense so I do recommend toning it down on other exercises until you get in the groove of it you know?
As far as having to be done every day, yes that is absolutely recommended. However, we’re all human and have busy lives (this I know) so it is 100% realistic to have to skip a day or two in between those 30 days.
What I would do, is if I had to skip a day doing the shred I would add an extra day to the end of my 30 days.
Don’t make it a pattern though, the first time I did the shred I got to day 17 and skipped one day, then thought to myself “Oh, it’s okay I’ll just skip one more day and then add two to the end…” then two turned into three, then four, then I ended up just not finishing it at all! I started completely over a month later. When you skip one day, make SURE you discipline yourself to keep it to one day.
I had GREAT results! I have a thin build already, so doing the shred for me was great because I wasn’t “Thin” or “Skinny” anymore. After the shred I was kicked into “Toned” and “Fit”! The Shred gave me defined abs, arms and especially legs.
The best part by far though was my mind’s new mentality! I was thinking differently, eating differently and had at least DOUBLE the energy as I did before!
It’s absolutely worth it :)
Any more questions just ask hun!
I add cardio to it because I LOVE to go to Zumba, but you will undoubtedly get in shape if you dedicate yourself you the shred!
Make sure you’re eating healthy as well.
65% of your fit body is made in the kitchen, the other 35% is made working out.
If you’re doing both I guarantee you that you will see a change in your body :)
I feel like I’m her biggest cheerleader… but really she’s mine!
Hey you :) Okay we’ve officially talked like 3 times now, you have to tell me your name!
I get this question on a daily basis so I made a post a while ago that will answer all your questions about it!!
I definitely recommend it! It is the absolute perfect way to kick start getting in shape :)
P.s I haven’t attempted my wrap yet but you’re so sweet for remembering!
My wrapping attempts will be happening this weekend and I’ll be sure to post pictures!
Sweating like a PIG leads to looking like a FOX!
You rock, my foxy lady :)
Be proud of every sweat drop that drips down your face!
Hi!! It’s wonderful to meet you, I think YOU’RE fabulous!
I like you already :)
The 30 day shred is a pretty intense workout all on its own. I’m a bit of an over achiever though, and do other exercise as well!
I do recommend doing other fitness activities as well as the shred, only because it is only 25 minutes. It is not necessary though and don’t feel pressured to if you’re having a hard time with the Shred on its own.
While on the shred, I still take Zumba classes (it’s one of my favorite things) and I also still go on runs and hikes pretty often as well.
It’s all up to you though. Listen to your body!
If you start the shred and think it’s a piece of cake then add something else in your day! If you’re having a hard time 1/2 way through, take it slow and just focus on getting through that.
- Try a workout video. (As I said, try out the 30 day Shred!!)
- Take a fitness class. (I do Zumba!!! It is really great motivation and kick-starts endorphin’s which literally make you happy.)
- Get outdoors- hike, bike, explore! There is something really motivational about fresh air and nature.
- Make a “goal” board! Write down a list of goals you want to complete and add pictures and a place to check them off when you’ve finished one of them!
- Do something with a friend. Friends are a fabulous motivational tool, and also keep you accountable!
- Reward yourself. Maybe a long bath or those new pairs of heels you’ve been looking at.
- Create some accountability (blog, facebook, or call a friend).
- Get a new workout outfit. Everytime I get a new sports bra, I get ridiculously motivated to wear it and workout in it!
- Play the “get dressed” trick – tell yourself you just have to get dressed in your workout clothe and shoes. You’ll be more likely to work out once your ready.
- Tell yourself you just have to work for ten minutes. By that point you’ll likely keep going.
- Picture how you’ll feel when you’re done.
- Read motivational blogs (in moderation, not so much that you don’t have time to apply it.)
- Search for motivation on Pinterest or any other websites (like my blog, *wink wink*)
- Sign up for an event.
- Create a physical board of quotes that inspire you and put it in a prominent place where you can see it.
- Put on some upbeat music.
- Log your exercise so you can visually see progress.
- Hire a trainer.
- Create a list of the benefits of working out (or losing weight) and review that. There are so many benefits. List the ones that are most pertinent to you.
- Use fitness apps for for your phone. There’s also lots of free fitness apps for your smartphone or ipod touch.
A lot of my followers literally bookmark my page and check it first thing in the morning for motivation. It is a great way to kick start your day by seeing tons of new ideas on how to get and stay fit.
Have a fabulous day, don’t give up!
We’ve all been there :)
I truly love Jillian.
She tells it like it is.
I don’t think she’s ever “sugar coat” anything in her LIFE!
Figuratively AND literally!
Her donuts are probably covered with
powdered sugar protein powder
Omgoodness Girl YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
That is muscle weight, and you should be VERY proud of every pound of that!
Being healthy and getting fit isn’t about the number you see on the scale, it’s about the way you feel and if you’re achieving your goals.
When I did the Shred, at the end I had gained at least 5 lbs and I was SO excited because I could literally SEE the muscle all over my body! Abs, legs arms everywhere.
If you are eating 1,200-1,400 calories a day of healthy food, then you are doing everything right and I am so excited and proud of you!
Since you’re 2 weeks in, you’re almost there!
:) Keep me posted on your progress girly!
What I do when I feel like I’m about to give up is literally sit down and write down all the reasons why I’m doing it.
If you feel like you’re going to give up, why shouldn’t you?:
- To fit in your favorite pair of jeans
- To feel like YOU OWN THE WORLD when you look in the mirror
- To earn your dream body for bikini season
- To just FEEL better and healthier when you wake up in the morning
- To motivate those around you
- To show your boyfriend how toned you can get in just 30 days
- To feel truly accomplished at the end of 30 days
It takes 20 DAYS for your body to get into the habit of doing something, and if you’re doing the shred that’s 30 days. Insanity is 90.
Getting through each is really hard, I’m not going to lie and say it’s easy because I’ve done the shred 3 times and it’s hard every time!
I PROMISE you that when you finish the Shred (I think I remember you telling me in another message that you were about to start level 2) that you’ll look back at this very message and be so proud of yourself for not quitting.
You got this girl :)
I’m starting tonight!
I’ve been meaning to start the 30 day shred for 3 days in a row and things seem to be getting in the way.
Now that I’ve made a post about it, and it’s been announced on my health blog… IT IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN or everyone better yell at me within 24 hours!
I’m excited. I’ll be posting everyday progress as usual and hope it motivates you to get fit for the new year too!
Off to get some rest for my lovely body, so tomorrow it is ready to get KICKED BACK INTO SHAPE FOR 2013!!!
I’ve gotten SO MANY QUESTIONS about the 30 day shred, and what workouts I do personally. So I actually made a post about it!
What is the 30 Day Shred?
The 30 day shred is a workout constructed by one of the trainers on the show “The Biggest Loser” named Jillian Michaels (I LOVE HER, definitely one of my top fitspirations)
It’s a 30 day program that promises results in just 30 days.
How does it work?
- Level 1 Days 1-10
- Level 2 Days 11-20
- Level 3 Days 21-30
Brittany, do you work for Jillian Michaels and the 30 Day Shred company?
NO!! I am NOT a spokes person for The 30 Day Shred, I just really LOVE it and know so much about it.
Have you personally ever done the 30 Day Shred before?
Yes!! I’ve actually done it more than once for different occasions (Marine Corps Ball, summer, and to kick off a new year!) It is a GREAT way to kick off a healthy start.
Does the 30 Day Shred actually work?
YES! I tell you first hand that it WORKS and you WILL see results very quickly.
BUT you have to be dedicated, focused and determined to do your very best EVERY day. Do not skip around all the time like I did last summer, those results will be a LOT less significant than if you make a goal to do your VERY BEST to get through ALL 30 days.
It’s HARD, it WILL test your body and mind, and it WILL make you a stronger person not only physically but also emotionally.
Have a wonderful day, thanks for asking :)
Work it Jillian!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can not get enough of this woman, she brings a whole new meaning to inspiration.