Now this is what I call FAMILY FITNESS!!!!
There is seriously no better way to start off my day then a delicious fruit smoothie!
Fruit and vitamins and protein powder OH MY!!
The Fitspirational Blonde
Those are some amazing questions girlie!
Yes, I’ve done it three times already all the way through. I’m a bit of an over achiever so while doing The Shred, I still went to classes at the gym and did morning runs etc. It’s only a 24 minute video, so as long as you space it out you shouldn’t have to give up what ever else you’re doing. For the first level though it’s a bit intense so I do recommend toning it down on other exercises until you get in the groove of it you know?
As far as having to be done every day, yes that is absolutely recommended. However, we’re all human and have busy lives (this I know) so it is 100% realistic to have to skip a day or two in between those 30 days.
What I would do, is if I had to skip a day doing the shred I would add an extra day to the end of my 30 days.
Don’t make it a pattern though, the first time I did the shred I got to day 17 and skipped one day, then thought to myself “Oh, it’s okay I’ll just skip one more day and then add two to the end…” then two turned into three, then four, then I ended up just not finishing it at all! I started completely over a month later. When you skip one day, make SURE you discipline yourself to keep it to one day.
I had GREAT results! I have a thin build already, so doing the shred for me was great because I wasn’t “Thin” or “Skinny” anymore. After the shred I was kicked into “Toned” and “Fit”! The Shred gave me defined abs, arms and especially legs.
The best part by far though was my mind’s new mentality! I was thinking differently, eating differently and had at least DOUBLE the energy as I did before!
It’s absolutely worth it :)
Any more questions just ask hun!
Ah I love that you posted this during Two-Hour-Anon-Thursday, and didn’t make yourself anon!!!
That is such a nice thing to say, you’ve really made my day!
I really really love the health world, and trying to honestly make a difference in as many peoples lives as I can. Not because I have to, but because it means to world to me when I receive messages from people who are more motivated and healthy as a result of my blog, like you!
I’m going to go check out your blog, how could I not be following someone as fabulous and kind as you <3
I can NOT get enough of FIT COUPLES!!!!!!!
Bryan and I might try yoga together soon, I’m soooooo excited!!!
Exercising with your significant other is a great way to bond, and get healthy/keep each other accountable at the same time!
Grab your boyfriend and go on a run, or take a class :)
Hey my Lovelies!
I just got home from Trader Joes/Walmart/Whole foods (yes I know I get around)(yes I may
or may not have spent 2 hours in Trader Joes… they should make me my own isle in there because I’m there so often.) I decided to give you a little peak into how I live my Fitspirational Life- FROM MY FRIDGE!
I firmly believe that your body is made 65% in the kitchen and 35% in the gym.
So here’s a look at how I make my 65% :)
Brittany’s Fruit Shelf (Pictured above):
- Pineapple pre-sliced for the entire week
- Pomegranate (new to my shelf and life)
- Green apples
- Manderine Oranges
Brittany’s Vegetable Shelf:
- Asparagus (two bundles, I cut it up, and pre-wash it for easy access throughout the week)
- Baby carrots (A fabulous/quick “purse snack” as I call it)
- Mixed green lettuce (I buy pre-washed, pre-cut to make salads more convenient to make because of my busy lifestyle.)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Pre-Peeled garlic (I use a LOT of garlic since it’s so good for you, and again it saves time to buy it pre-peeled)
- Baby grape tomatoes (wonderful for quick and healthy salads)
- Red Bell Peppers
- AVOCADOS!!!!! My babies, my addiction, my passion. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!
Brittany’s Snack Shelf:
- Mango Coconut splash juice (high in potassium that I drink post-workout)
- Apple Peach sauce (again another wonderful ‘Purse Snack”) I love taking these with me to eat during my college classes
- Greek Yogurt
- Fresh sliced almonds
- Peanut butter (I dip apple slices in this, great “Purse Snack”)
- Pretzels and Roasted garlic hummus
Yes- this is my real fridge, and yes I really do categorize/organize my shelves like this every week!
If you fill your fridge with healthy foods, you will be less tempted to eat unhealthy foods!
It does take a bit of time to organize my fridge and clean it out once a week, but this keeps things from going bad and I always know what’s in there. It saves a LOT of time throughout my busy week as well.
- Try a workout video. (As I said, try out the 30 day Shred!!)
- Take a fitness class. (I do Zumba!!! It is really great motivation and kick-starts endorphin’s which literally make you happy.)
- Get outdoors- hike, bike, explore! There is something really motivational about fresh air and nature.
- Make a “goal” board! Write down a list of goals you want to complete and add pictures and a place to check them off when you’ve finished one of them!
- Do something with a friend. Friends are a fabulous motivational tool, and also keep you accountable!
- Reward yourself. Maybe a long bath or those new pairs of heels you’ve been looking at.
- Create some accountability (blog, facebook, or call a friend).
- Get a new workout outfit. Everytime I get a new sports bra, I get ridiculously motivated to wear it and workout in it!
- Play the “get dressed” trick – tell yourself you just have to get dressed in your workout clothe and shoes. You’ll be more likely to work out once your ready.
- Tell yourself you just have to work for ten minutes. By that point you’ll likely keep going.
- Picture how you’ll feel when you’re done.
- Read motivational blogs (in moderation, not so much that you don’t have time to apply it.)
- Search for motivation on Pinterest or any other websites (like my blog, *wink wink*)
- Sign up for an event.
- Create a physical board of quotes that inspire you and put it in a prominent place where you can see it.
- Put on some upbeat music.
- Log your exercise so you can visually see progress.
- Hire a trainer.
- Create a list of the benefits of working out (or losing weight) and review that. There are so many benefits. List the ones that are most pertinent to you.
- Use fitness apps for for your phone. There’s also lots of free fitness apps for your smartphone or ipod touch.
A lot of my followers literally bookmark my page and check it first thing in the morning for motivation. It is a great way to kick start your day by seeing tons of new ideas on how to get and stay fit.
Have a fabulous day, don’t give up!
We’ve all been there :)
What I do when I feel like I’m about to give up is literally sit down and write down all the reasons why I’m doing it.
If you feel like you’re going to give up, why shouldn’t you?:
- To fit in your favorite pair of jeans
- To feel like YOU OWN THE WORLD when you look in the mirror
- To earn your dream body for bikini season
- To just FEEL better and healthier when you wake up in the morning
- To motivate those around you
- To show your boyfriend how toned you can get in just 30 days
- To feel truly accomplished at the end of 30 days
It takes 20 DAYS for your body to get into the habit of doing something, and if you’re doing the shred that’s 30 days. Insanity is 90.
Getting through each is really hard, I’m not going to lie and say it’s easy because I’ve done the shred 3 times and it’s hard every time!
I PROMISE you that when you finish the Shred (I think I remember you telling me in another message that you were about to start level 2) that you’ll look back at this very message and be so proud of yourself for not quitting.
You got this girl :)
I’m starting tonight!
I gave a speech at a Charity Event, and he happened to be sitting in the audience. After I finished giving the speech about my life story, the audience was brought to tears and he came up to my table and asked me to dance!
WHO WOULD TURN DOWN DANCING WITH CARLTON WHEN HE HAS DANCE MOVES LIKE THIS:
It was a magical night to say the least. I feel so blessed to have these absolutely incredible opportunities!
Not even gonna lie, I’m reblogging this purely for the pink fit gear and PINK WEIGHTS!!!!
Get it guuuurlllll, LOOK AT THOSE KILLER ARMS!!!
THIS IS GREAT!
A majority of people do exercises without really understanding what part of the body they are working out… and then get angry when a certain area that they want to tone ISN’T GETTING firm and can’t figure out why…
It’s like doing bicep curls to get a firmer butt, it will just never happen!
I say this ALL the time, but if you want to see changed in specific areas of your body GET EDUCATED, GET INFORMED and do some research on your lovely limbs! Spend some time with my bff Google and learn what exercises are good for which areas.
And if you get stuck, that’s what I’m here for :)
Never give up, it’s NEVER too late!
Mother of 3 who still manages to make time (not to mention has the ENERGY) to workout & eat healthy! AWESOME motivation!
This is AWESOME!!!
Having kids is a SERIOUS distraction to your own personal health life. I’ve made it to 24 without having kids, but I definitely have other distractions of my own as we all do.
If she can stay fit with 3 babies, we ALL can.
Don’t make excuses, make progress.
Friday night was really rough for Bryan and I’s relationship… well just me.
I’d been thinking about my parent’s divorce especially a lot last week. I’m not sure why, maybe because my birthday is coming up and that used to be a time that my family spent together when I was little.
Bryan bought me an ENTIRE new computer for my birthday and I was honestly really overwhelmed by how nice of a gift that was. In the back of my mind, I felt like I didn’t deserve something so nice and so expensive from anyone.
Then that night, when he was downstairs hooking the computer up for me… I was upstairs and I came across a really old picture of my parents and I… and I just lost it.
I started getting these dramatic little flashbacks of my parents fighting, and vividly remembering watching their relationship fail right in front of my young and naive eyes.
I’m sure at some point their relationship had been as wonderful as the relationship that Bryan and I have now… so in the back of my mind I saw this computer as a sign that it was only a matter of time before our incredible relationship went down hill just as theirs did.
Of course the moment I couldn’t hold the tears in anymore, and they started to eject out of my tear ducts like broken sprinklers; that was when Bryan walked up the stairs into my room to tell me he finished hooking up my new computer.
Obviously he was DEVASTATED and had a horrified look on his face not knowing why I was over dramatically sitting on my bed with rivers of mascara running down my face.
He rushed over and hugged me and asked what was wrong, however I am so bad at expressing my emotions, and absolutely HATE crying (it literally happens maybe once a year) that I couldn’t even get the words out of my mouth.
So, saying nothing I just ran out of the room downstairs to the couch.
I didn’t know what to tell him. How could I possibly explain an entire childhood of unfortunate events leading to a waterfall of tears because of a fantastically generous gift.
Well I didn’t. I just sat on the couch like an immature baby expecting him to still be upstairs mad /frustrated with my lack of verbal communication.
The thought of ending everything crossed my mind. I didn’t want to get any further into something that I thought would end just like my parents relationship did. I love Bryan so much I would never want him to be hurt because of the situations I experienced.
Maybe I wasn’t cut out for love?
With the sound of his footsteps walking down the stairs, I expected to see him with his bags packed and to hear the front door open and close… but to my surprise they were coming towards me.
He appeared at the door of my living room where I was laying down on the couch, (face still covered in mascara) and walked over to me and covered me with a blanket. Then he kissed me on the forehead, and laid down on the floor right next to me without saying anything.
For what felt like forever, we just stayed there in the dark/silence and he didn’t leave my side.
I was literally shocked.
I got down on the floor next to him and he put his arm around me and we didn’t say a word.
We just laid there together, on the carpet.
With my head resting on his chest, I stopped being selfish when I heard his heart racing. I remembered that his parents had gotten a divorce when he was younger too.
He kissed my forehead one more time. Laying on the carpet of my big empty house in Bryan’s arms, I had never felt so loved in my entire life.
That was the moment I realized, that we are not our parents. Their mistakes may make up our past’s, but they do NOT have to shape our futures.
Bryan and I are two people that can make the choice to be different, and to learn from the mistakes of our parents to make our own relationship even better.
As you can imagine, it was a really rough Friday night. I ended up talking to him about why I was so upset, and after all that I can honestly say that it made us even stronger as a couple. He reminded me that we’ve made it through his entire years deployment together, and that he loved me and wasn’t going to let me go that easily.
If I continue to work on my relationship as much as I work on my health life, I think this may be one of the most beautiful things that I’ll ever get to be a part of.
Now that I look back on it, I can’t stop wondering why God has been wonderful enough to put Bryan in my life.
I just feel like the luckiest little blonde girl in the whole world.
Don’t let your past shape your future!
Oh my gosh you guys I’m so nervous!!
I’m about to give an entire 10 minute presentation to my spanish class on SUGAR and why it is the number one killer in America!
SNAPS for Brittany for bringing the Fitspirational Lifestyle into the classroom!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE giving speeches so I’m hoping that this will really knock their socks off. My goal is to make them think twice before they pick up a soda next time.
Ps DID YOU KNOW THAT ONE BOTTLE OF MOUNTAIN DEW HAS 20 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR IN IT?!?!??!!
If that doesn’t make you nauseous I don’t know what will.
Pictures to come!!