I volunteer at Children’s Hospital on weekends when they have massive amounts of operations for young children. That’s my friend who dressed up like a pirate and came along with me on Sunday :)
ABC news tagged along with us to the hospital too!
Looking back, it’s hard to believe that I was once in their shoes having my 15 operations throughout my life. I’m so blessed to have that all behind me and now be able to give back to the kids and their families that were once me and my family, only 3 years ago.
These precious little kid’s families can’t afford to pay for their surgeries, and everything is done through donations.
These kids have been through so much at such a young age. I’m so blessed to be able to brighten their days <3
A lot of you have been asking to read my story, so I’ll repost it.
I don’t know why, but it REALLY bothers me when people tell me they’re a vegetarian… and then they add, “But I eat Chicken and fish….”
Guess what, if you eat chicken and fish, YOU’RE NOT A VEGETARIAN!!!!!
I’ve been a strict vegetarian for my whole life, so I know what it means to NOT eat any meat.
Anyway, I used to not like going to Sushi restaurants because I thought that all their rolls had some type of fish in them. However, I went to a sushi restaurant this weekend and they let me customize my own roll and IT WAS SO GOOD!!!
In my vegetarian sushi roll:
- Cream cheese
- Asparagus heads
- Soy Paper (Instead of seaweed)
OH MY GOSH, my mouth was in sushi heaven!
I am making this post, especially for all the newbie vegetarians out there. Just because you don’t eat meat, doesn’t mean you can’t go to all the same restaurants and have delicious food. We are lucky that we live in an age where most restaurants give vegetarian (and vegan) options for us to choose from.
I added sriracha sauce on the side, just to give it some extra spicyness :)
Vegetarians, GET CREATIVE like I did!!!!
ISN’T IT THE CUTEST ALARM CLOCK YOU’VE EVER SEEN?!?!?!?!!
I got it at Target :)
It gets cuter, instead of an annoying beep going off to wake you up, the castle lights up and Cinderella and Prince Charming spin around in circles to Disney music! Or I can program it to wake me up with a Disney story!
I might be a mildly- obsessed Disney-a-holic… and proud of it hahah :)
Glad we share that Disney love!!
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to come and say such nice things!! You’re so sweet for following and reading my posts every day, I hope they’re FITspiring you to be healthy too :)
I’m tiny, I’m only 5’3! I used to HATE being short, but now I LOVE it.
I’ve learned to love the things you don’t like about yourself, there is always an upside.
For example, being 5’3 gives me another great reason to wear some fabulous heels, and I LOVE my heels haha :)
Have a great day hun!
I had SUCH a beautiful Breakfast today!
This is my 3 MINUTE SMOOTHIE! (instructions on how to make a 3 minute smoothie below)
This whole breakfast was put together in 3 minutes, yes I timed it… so don’t try and tell me you don’t have time to eat breakfast in the mornings.
Excuses lead to failure.
If you want to start getting healthy, and you have a REALLY busy schedule like I do, YOU need to put in the extra work that it takes to PLAN YOUR MEALS OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE.
Failure to plan, leads to no breakfast or lunch.
How to plan out a 3 minute smoothie the night before:
- Decide 2-3 fruits you want to have in your smoothie the next morning.
- Pre-cut the fruit
- Put the pieces together in a tupperware box
- Put the box in the freezer
The next morning:
- Take the box out of the freezer
- Put the frozen pieces into the blender
- Add juice, milk or water (what ever your preference is, I use both juice and PureWater)
- Add a scoop of protein powder
BAM you have a 3 minute smoothie!
No excuses, plan for your success.
P.S Didn’t this come out really pretty?!?!?
Aren’t they the COOLEST!!!!
MAking your own drinks to-go is SUCH a great way to stay away from caffeine and high-fructose corn syrup drinks that people buy at the store.
If you bring your own drinks with you, the temptation of entering a market at all is completely avoided!
I got mine here:
Have a fabulous day hun, thanks for reading!
Good morning everyone!
I had a bit of extra time this morning (due to the fact that my alarm clock didn’t go off and I completely missed my spin class.) So this morning’s fruit Smoothies turned out especially cute!!
What did Brittany put in her fruit Smoothies today?
Orange peach mango juice
IT TASTES SO GOOD!!!!!!
As you know, I make fruit Smoothies EVERY morning. However I usually don’t have time to use our cute classes and garnish them with a strawberry.
There is no better way to kick off a beautiful day, then filling your body with the nutrients and vitamins it needs to keep you healthy and energized :)
I’ve been REALLY pushing you guys lately to PLAN ahead and pre-pack your food the night BEFORE, so that you’re not in a huge panic in the morning.
This is my beautiful lunch, I’ve had twice this week, and I didn’t spend even ONE penny at a restaurant/market at college to make it!
Packing your lunch/snacks the night before, helps prevent:
- Forgetting to pack a fork to eat your salad with
- Grabbing the wrong dressing, and now your salad is going to taste funny
- Putting some sugary cookies in your lunch because you didn’t have time to look in the back of your fridge and find the raspberries
- Leaving your water bottle on the cereal shelf, because you we’re trying to remember to pack a drink, yet attempting to eat breakfast at the same time!
All 4 of those examples are things that have ACTUALLY happened to me when I get lazy and think, “Oh, I don’t have to prepare for tomorrow, I’ll just do everything in the morning.”
THIS IS A BAD IDEA!
Planning is key! I can’t say this enough times- Plan Plan Plan!
Try it for a week, you’re going to shock yourself with all the stress-free time you have in the mornings.
Fabulous Health Chart!!
It is so important to know the health benefits of the food that we eat. Not to mention it makes it THAT much more gratifying to know that munching on some grapes might just protect our hearts in our old age :)
FABULOUS guide to “eating healthy” at restaurants!!
Just because you’re not at home, doesn’t mean you need to jam PACK your stomach with as many carbs, sugars and fats as you possibly can.
There are SO many restaurants that offer healthy options, so look for them before you decide to order a plate of french fries!
PS these are great ideas for a little Valentines Day lunch with your lovahhhh <3
That was so sweet, thank you so much!!
The health and fitness world is one of my favorite things to learn about and share with people. Knowing that the topics I write about is actually touching peoples lives, makes blogging even more worth it.
You’re wonderful <3
My dad and I went out for dinner tonight after my classes, and I created the MOST DELICIOUS salad I’ve created yet!
We went to Coco’s and the waitress was nice enough to pick my own ingredients for my salad!
Brittany’s fit and fabulous salad:
- Fuji Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
- Orange Slices
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Red Lettuce, and Dark leafy green lettuce
Also, my dad and I shared this wonderfully nutritious brown bread between the two of us. Brown bread is so much better for you than white bread that is traditionally served in restaurants. If you ever have the option, chose brown over white.
The bill between the two of us came out to $14.56, which is a really great deal considering how healthy and delicious this was!
Eating out doesn’t have to be packed with calories, or completely empty your wallet. If you’re careful, it can be healthy and inexpensive.
Totally not a stupid question!!
You’re talking to a college girl on a budget and $20 is definitely enough for your weekly food allowance if you’re careful!!
Here is a link to my grocery list that I take with me when I shop-
Brittany’s basic rules to remember when you’re shopping on a budget:
- Eat before you go shopping, trust me you’ll be more likely to buy healthy foods with your $20 bucks. This prevents you from filling your shopping cart with Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream and chocolates. Also, working out before you shop is a great tip as well. After you workout, your body goes into “Health” mode and you’re more likely to purchase healthier food.
- Planning ahead is especially important when you’re shopping on a budget. Take a look at my grocery list above, and pick the foods from it that you know you’ll eat and not just leave laying around.
- Don’t shop at big named grocery stores like Albertsons or Vons. You’ve got an AWESOME location if you have Mexican grocery stores around you, they are GREAT for really inexpensive produce! If there was one closer to my house I would go there ALL the time. Last time I was there I got an ENTIRE box of fresh strawberries for $.99 cents and I was skipping around the store like I won the lottery!
- Check for coupons when you’re at the stores!! A lot of store offer coupons for discounts on fruits and veggies. Usually different fruits are on sale every week. ‘
- Buy fruits that are NOT pre-cut or pre-packaged. Stores actually charge you for pre-cutting fruits for you! You can save a lot of money by doing it yourself :)
- Before you go shopping for next weeks foods, take a look back at everything you bought this week and see what is left over so you know not to buy as much of that next time. You can spend that money on something else :)
- Being a HEALTHY college girl on a budget isn’t easy but you’ll learn a lot and it will teach you a lot about saving money and eating healthy for the rest of your life!
Let me know how it goes, I’m excited to hear about all the healthy foods you buy :)
I have no words, other than to say I’m honored and so incredibly proud of you.
THIS is why I blog.
Yes I do!!! Not only that, but I also make sure my family does too :) I’m not even kidding, I’m like vitamin crazy. I take at least 8 different vitamins everyday! See my Vitamin Page to find out a few of the ones I take daily. I’ve added a few to the list as well, thanks for reminding me I’ll put those up there when I get back from Hollywood!