THIS is the kind of mom I want to be one day… except my kid will be right next to me getting her little work out on too!
My friend Tyler is trying to lose weight and he asked my other friend Orlando to train him. Tyler was embarrassed to go to the gym though so Orlando is taking care of that by dressing up as characters when they go to the gym so that the focus isn’t on Tyler but on himself. So far Tyler has been trained by a Jedi and steampunk Batman. This is one of the nicest things I have ever seen done for someone else.
Orlando’s kindness blows me away.
this is boss
Tyler deserves person of the year award
NO!! NOT REPEATING ANY MORE!!
One of my goals along with my cleanse was to start going to bed earlier. I’m SUCH a night owl, the polar opposite of a morning person. Starting with 11pm, then 10 and maybe if I try hard enough i can make it to bed by 9? Haha no, let’s not get crazy.
10 would be a perfect time for someone who isn’t 8 years old haha.
Heck yeah, you came to the RIGHT GIRL!
I wrote this post at the beginning of this semester, I’m sure it will be perfect for you <3
How to stay healthy in college!
Now that full college mode has been initiated- I’m back into my packed class schedule, being social chair in my wonderful sorority and balancing work, my boyfriend, a social life and my adorable puppy.
With a hectic schedule as a college student, it’s hard to find quick and healthy things to eat. A lot of people turn straight to junk food; especially college students. When you’re cramming for a midterm, the last thing on your mind is eating healthy… especially after you’ve just turned your room upside down looking for your laptop charger.
However, filling your body with nutritious foods actually effects your ability to focus and stay energized during class.
“Tips for eating right on campus:
- Never ever skip breakfast – you’ll end up regretting it and buying a doughnut at school
- Try microwaveable 90 second quinoa & brown rice packets for dinner
- Scramble eggs with water or milk in the microwave
- Sliced apples, baby carrots and mini peppers dipped in hummus
- Canned tuna is the best – it’s cheap, high in protein, and doesn’t need a lot of preparation
- Frozen grapes make a great snack on the go
- Instead of ice cream – mash two frozen bananas
- Almond milk, soy milk, and organic cow’s milk have longer expiration dates than regular milk
- Stock up on snacks that don’t require refrigeration: nuts, seeds, raisins
- Peanut butter on a whole grain English muffin makes a great breakfast when you’re on the run
- Take refillable water bottle with you to class to avoid having to buy bottled water
- Buy low sodium canned soups and add a half can of canned beans to stretch it and boost fiber
- Stay away from buffet items on meal plans – and make yourself visit the salad bar at least once a day
- I used to make fun of my mom for using coupons, but now I use them for everything..lots of $0.50 coupons adds up!
- Shop at the 99 cent store, especially for good deals on fruits and vegetables
- Lowfat microwave popcorn is filling, cheap, and delicious…the only down side is your roommates complain about the smell.”
Remember, eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a Princess, and dinner like a pauper. Don’t forget to pack some extra healthy snacks in your trendy over-the shoulder book bag too.
Can we say GROCERY HAUL!?!? This is what I normally get when I go to Trader Joes. It’s all on my clean eating check list. Mmmmm what would you make from this gorgeous green bounty?
Get it girl!!! Clean eating= Clean body.
And then the officer arrested him for pointing out the lack of muscles in his arms.
Spruce up your water!
do what ever it takes to stay hydrated throughout the day. I get a LOT of questions as to how to start liking water if you’re not used to drinking it… this is a GREAT way to start!
Add your favorite fruit :) Also, if you want to sweeten things up a bit- add a bit of honey as well!
Shout out to the love of my life LOCKET!!!! Woof woof ;)
This is SO true. I live in San Diego and the closest thing I get to a rain storm here is a jacuzzi with the jets on…
When it begins to rain, everyone turns into Pansies and stays home. Don’t let weather be your excuse, let it be your motivation!
There’s nothing better then getting fit next to the one you love <3