Now THIS is what I call fruit water!
No preservatives, not artificial coloring… just REAL FRUIT!
But really, it’s so hot outside. Sometimes when you think your body is telling you you’re hungry, it’s actually screaming for water.
Try drinking a glass of water before your next meal. Wait 5 minutes and then go for food.
You will eat less because your body will be able to tell the difference between dehydration and hunger!
College tip- if you have a day PACKED with classes like I do, bring a water bottle with you! If you keep yourself hydrated, you’ll be less tempted to grab a soda when you start sweating walking from class to class.
I’m out to lunch with my best friend at this adorable new cafe that just opened up in beautiful San Diego. We both ordered water at lunch, which inspired this post!
3 reasons why you should choose water over soda at a restaurant:
1.) Price- If you’re constantly ordering soft drinks when you dine out, you’re basically spending money to deteriorate your health. Save yourself the $2.75 glass of sugary cavaties, and stick with pure water!
2.) Lemon water- Adding a lemon to your water has so many health benefits. Mindbodygreen.com says it has a great source of vitamin C, balances your PH levels, aids weight loss because it balances your Alkaline levels. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather be improving my health at lunch then deteriorating it.
3.) Hydration- Did you know soda actually dehydrates your body? When you drink soda, it tricks your body into thinking it wants salty foods. Thus, you’ll be more likely to order an unhealthy option on the menu. Also, a lot of the time when you think you’re hungry- you’re actually just dehydrated. By drinking water before every meal, you’ll eat less.
Choose water over soda!
- Fitblr: I'm not sure I should be peeing this much
- Fitblr: Have I drunk enough water?
- Fitblr: SQUATS
- Fitblr: Why does peanut butter go with everything?
- Fitblr: Spoons even taste good with peanut butter
- Fitblr: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SONG NOW I HAVE TO STOP TO CHANGE IT
- Fitblr: I'm peeing again
- Fitblr: Without my ear phones my heart will stop and I will die
- Fitblr: I'm a hot babe out jogging
- Fitblr: HMM WHAT DO I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW (after breakfast)
- Fitblr: You can't spot reduce
- Fitblr: The toilet is my new best friend
- Fitblr: 'CUZ YA NO BANANAS AND FRUIT MAKE YOU FAT' *Demolishes 10*
- Fitblr: DO U EVEN LIFT
- Fitblr: I wonder if there is a loo close by
- Fitblr: What herbal tea's do you have?
- Fitblr: IT'S A LIFESTYLE
- Fitblr: I squat, did ya know
- Fitblr: I DREAM ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER
- Fitblr: I love cake
- Fitblr: I HOPE NOBODY IS HAVING A SOCIAL MEETING ON THE EXERCISE MAT TODAY
- Fitblr: I wanna throw a kettlebell at anyone in my way
- Fitblr: Lol feel how sweaty I am
- Fitblr: Who the fuck has eaten all the peanut butter?
It looks awesome! Very creative :)
Weather you’re a beginner or just finding yourself a little off track lately, you can absolutely begin to take steps towards the healthy life you’ve always wanted.
Guess what, if life isn’t going the way you want it to- and the word “vegetable” hasn’t crossed your lips in a few weeks… you’re not alone! Don’t let it get you down, let it be encouragement to make next week even better.
So what if you’ve had a few donuts lately, just because yesterday wasn’t so great, doesn’t mean that today won’t be the beginning of a new you. However, change isn’t easy. It takes 21 days to form a habit, and those 21 days aren’t going to be a piece of cake (or a fork full of salad since we’re being healthy here haha.)
It’s okay to take baby steps. Make the decision that your bad habits don’t define you.
Take this list above and start actually applying them. When? NOW! Don’t say you’ll start this later. Later never comes. Recommit your day TODAY. Grab some water, dust off your running shoes and LET’S DO THIS!
This is absolutely on my summer “to make” food list!
I can never not reblog this.
Elle must be on my Fitblr at ALL times!!
I thought my crown shaped sandwich cutters were fancy… it looks like I need to start brushing up on my melon cutting skills to keep up with the healthy art trend!
Get creative in the kitchen :)
Did you know that Artichokes are one of the WORLD’S most healthiest foods?
YES! But Why?
- REALLY high in anti-oxidents
- Cancer fighting properties
- Really good for the liver *Also known for as a hangover treatment for you drinkers out there!*
- Reduces cholesterol
- Really high in Fiber (which helps with digestion)
If you had asked me a year ago to eat this weird flowery looking cactus shaped vegetable… I would have looked at you like you were crazy.
Now that my taste buds are developing, I tried them for the first time about a year ago and I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!
If you’ve never tried an artichoke before, I highly recommend it!
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU TRY AND EAT ONE! They’re complicated to eat, but totally worth the extra effort.
How to eat an artichoke:
After you’ve steamed or boiled it for 25-35 minutes begin to eat.
- Pull off outer petals, one at a time
- Dip white fleshy end in melted butter or sauce. Tightly grip the other end of the petal. Place in mouth, dip side down, and pull through teeth to remove soft, pulpy, delicious portion of the petal. Discard remaining petal.
- With a knife or spoon, scrape out and discard the inedible fuzzy part (called the “choke”) covering the artichoke heart. The remaining bottom of the artichoke is the heart. Cut into pieces and dip into sauce to eat.
- I dip mine in a home made garlic sauce that I make myself with FRESH garlic. This not only adds to the flavors of the artichoke, it adds another entire health benefit from the fresh garlic!
It’s a brand new year, try something brand new!!
Drink water today :)
I wonder if water was sold in a can like this, if people would be more likely to purchase it rather than soda.
On a side note, did you know that one can of Coke has TEN ENTIRE teaspoons of sugar????
So when you drink ONE can of Coke, that’s the same as taking a bag of sugar and eating 10 whole teaspoons…
Think about that for a second.
Think about it again next time you’re decided what to drink for lunch.
If you’re having trouble getting in your daily amount of water, try this out!
(This is also great for BEGINNERS who are not used to getting the daily required amount of water our bodies need to stay hydrated.)
Get 2 water bottles and literally MARK on the bottles how much you will need to drink by the end of the day~
Imagine laying down for bed at the end of the day and seeing two empty water bottles, knowing that it’s ALL inside of you making you a hydrated healthy being!
Strong, Fit and FABULOUS!
Love my tricks, tips and Fitspirational advice? FOLLOW ME! Join me on my Fitspirational journey and get inspired to live a life that you’re proud of and want to share it with everyone! Lets Fitspire each other :) We only have one life, let’s make the most of it!